Teresa began working in the NHS as a Health Care Support Worker in 2001. She qualified as a registered nurse in 2006, working for BCUHB in a variety of positions; staff nurse at YGC, community nurse, district nurse, discharge liaison nurse, Macmillan end of life care facilitator and finally as a Band 7 Diabetes Specialist nurse in primary care. She began working at Glyndwr University in 2018.
On weekends, Teresa likes to be outside, hiking in the mountains with her Labrador Bailey and is a keen (but not fast) runner and has completed 3 marathons. To relax she loves yoga, reading and watching Columbo with a strong coffee.
- Bachelor of Nursing (Hons) 2006
- Pharmacology module 2009
- Mental health First Aider
- Tissue Viability module 2012
- PGCPD 2016
- MSc Health Sciences (currently completing)
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy
- V300 independent prescriber
- XPERT health educator
- Specialist Community Practitioner (District Nursing)
- V100 nurse prescriber
Mental health and wellness
BSc (Hons) Graduate Diploma/ Postgraduate diploma Community Specialist Practice (District nursing)
BSc (Hons) Graduate Diploma in Primary Health Care
MSc/ Postgraduate Diploma in Primary healthcare
- Blood glucose Testing. GPN. 2018
- Bereavement care- the role of the DN. JCN. 2011.
- Caring for an intrathecal line in the community. JCN. 2010.
- The obesity epidemic. A holistic approach. JCN. 2008.